Quality Metal Spinning & Machining is looking for a full time QA Inspector. We have been in the Bay Area for over 50 years pushing the limits with cutting edge manufacturing practices with the help of long time employees. Some of which have been with us for 20+ years. We offer competitive pay, benefits, overtime, and a friendly work environment.
Candidate will be responsible for inspection of machined parts, ensuring that design specifications are met as described below:
- Interpret blueprints, work orders, and other documentation to determine acceptance or rejection standards.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspection of first articles, final product, and tooling, utilizing CMM, optical
comparator, and other precision measuring instruments.
- Document inspection results, maintain records, and prepare reports.
- Route inspected parts to appropriate destination.
- Assist in the writing and updating inspection procedures, protocol and checklists.
- Document and communicate out of tolerance conditions.
- Supports and helps to implement new ideas.
- Understanding of machining processes to reveal possible problems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing as explained in ANSI Y14.5.
- Experience using CMM for inspection
- Preferred experience using Renishaw Modus for CMM Programming, but not necessary.
Please apply by attaching your resume, call us at 650-858-2491, or come by (4047 Transport, St. Palo Alto, CA 94303) and fill out an application at which time we will happily show you around.